Saturday, January 7, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Here are the kids in their new pajamas that they opened on Christmas Eve. We had a fun Christmas break. Doing lots of stuff to get ready for Christmas. We watched Christmas movies, went to the live nativity, which was so good! Lots of shopping, sleeping in, making little gifts for our friends and neighbors, and going to look at Christmas lights. But this Christmas turned into a Christmas our family will NEVER forget. I had spent the last 9 months fighting the idea of having a baby too close to Christmas because who wants their birthday on Christmas? Well during this busy break I started having more and more contractions but they went away each night and I kept telling myself to hang in their until after Christmas. As we got closer I would tell myself just not Christmas day, and then I decided if I could just make it until after all the Christmas festivities or maybe just Christmas afternoon. Well our little baby had his own plans and they did not include missing out on Christmas. So after delivering neighbor gifts and wrapping the last of the presents Anthony and I decided to go to bed. I was thinking I had made it contractions would stop just like the other nights, we would wake up go to church, open our presents and then if we had him fine. Well I never did get to sleep that night. I kept thinking with each contraction if I have one more I'd get up and get my bag ready for the hospital. I hadn't gotten ready for the hospital yet because I really wasn't due until Jan. 5th. Well, Anthony woke up and saw a look on my face that he remembered all too well from when Brigham was born. We got to the hospital 14 before Brigham was born so needless to say he was worried we would again barely make it or maybe not make it at all this time. I kept telling him I wasn't that far along, that my contractions weren't as intense as they were with Brigham. He called our wonderful neighbors who were so willing to help us on Christmas morning, it was about 1:30 in the morning at this point. She came right down to stay with our kids who didn't have a clue we were leaving. They thought they were going to wake up to Santa coming and being able to open their presents. That is what was killing me about all of this. I felt bad for the kids. Anthony and I left for the hospital, when we got there and I got into bed I told the nurse I felt so dumb because I thought they were going to send me home. It felt like my contractions had slowed down. The nurse told me they were going to hook me up to the monitors and watch me for an hour and then decide what to do. Well that was at 2:15am, I then had another hard contraction which broke my water and it was over from there, our sweet boy was born at 2:38am. I guess my contractions hadn't slowed down as much as I thought. I was again unable to get an epidural which after Brigham was born I swore would not happen again. I got close to getting one but when the anesthesiologist got to the parking lot they called him back and said never mind there wouldn't be enough time. Dang! But we are all so happy to have him here. Christmas morning was not what the kids had expected but Anthony was there when they woke up and they were excited to have a new brother for Christmas too. They said it was their best gift. I think we'd all agree. He is sooo sweet! So here he is, Brock David. He weighed 7lbs. 11oz. and was 20 inches long. He has been such a good baby so far and everyone is absolutely in love with him. The kids love to hold him and snuggle him. They have been a huge help.
So Christmas morning Anthony brought the kids and all their presents up to the hospital and we had Christmas there. They didn't want to wait until the next day when I would be home and I guess I can't blame them. I just appreciated them being so great about the change in plans.
Here is Brigham with his new basketball hoop. He loves to shoot hoop!


Jenna and her hair color Bratz doll. I think she wanted this so she could color her own hair. She got her own little style which we love.The boys scored on the RC car, helicopters, and a duck hunting game. They have loved having wars with all of them. In fact we've already had to replace their duck hunting game.
Santa brought the kids and Anthony new shoes. The kids all wanted new heelys. So they've been rolling all around the house ever since and our floors are showing signs of it. We had such a fun Christmas! Even though I fought the idea of a Christmas baby we are so excited he is here and what a great day to celebrate the birth of a child!

3 comments:

  1. that is So adorable that Anthony brought all the gifts to the hospital. What a fun and memorable Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Crazy story. I was thinking "poor girl" cuz I know how much you probably didn't want to have the baby Christmas morning but at the same time it's such an awesome and magical time of year to have a baby. Brock's birth will make Christmas that much more meaningful and special forever! Congratulations! Your family is so cute- I hope I get to see u and them sometime in the near future. It's been too long. Jenna reminds me so much of you in some pictures it's not even funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Julie!! That is a crazy story, but a good one that will always be fun to tell. Such a cute family!

    ReplyDelete